This class is designed for the highly experienced practitioner that uses ACLS in a clinical setting on a routine basis and does not allow for the traditional reinforcement of ACLS as it does in a traditional renewal course. This is a fast paced, rigorous curriculum that assumes ready knowledge and skills. Prior to the class you must have the skills and knowledge to:
- Perform high quality CPR
- Interpret basic ECGs
- Understand ACLS pharmacology and treatments using the ACLS algorithms.
This ACLS Provider Course is designed as a fast paced, condensed ACLS training program for healthcare professionals who routinely use ACLS in a clinical setting.
The participant in this course is a highly experienced healthcare provider with a current ACLS provider card. This individual is based in a practice setting that requires well developed ACLS knowledge and skills.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and Manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS), including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
Providers enrolling in the ACLS Provider Update Course are required to be highly proficient in the following:
- Performing BLS CPR skills using 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- Readingand interpreting ECGs
- Understanding ACLS drugs
- Performing the BLS Survey and the ACLS Survey
The fee for the class is $110 and includes a copy of the ACLS Provider Manual from Nursing Unlimited’s Library (which is to be returned at the end of class, or you may be purchased for $30) and Study Guide..
Please remember to include $5.00 for shipping and handling.
A current BLS for Healthcare Providers card is no longer a prerequisite for entry into the ACLS program; the AHA requires “BLS SKILLS”. However, if your BLS card has expired or is about to expire and you wish to renew, we still offer BLS certification within the ACLS course for a discounted price of $28.
Nursing Unlimited Headquarters
18405 NW 2nd Avenue
Miami Gardens, FL
10:00 am – 2:30 pm