This CPR course is conducted in affiliation with the American Heart Association, which has updated the guidelines for performance of Basic Life Support. This is the course required by healthcare facilities in order to acquire and maintain employment. We are proud to be offering up-to-date information on CPR that came out of the latest international conference. We cover all aspects of adult, child and infant resuscitation, using didactic, practical and return demonstration methods of training. Our 1 to 1 manikin to student ratio increases the amount of time spent on actual skills, resulting in enhanced retention.
Who Should Attend
Healthcare providers who have conducted a self assessment and meet the pre-requisites listed below.
The adult learner is required to conduct a self-assessment. The following are the requirements for entry into the course:
• You have had a previous professional CPR class for healthcare providers.
• You are proficient in the basic techniques and progression of the CPR sequence for adults, children, and infants.
• You are proficient in the relief of choking for adults, children, and infants and the proper use of an AED.
• Healthcare providers who do not meet the prerequisites should enroll in the 5-hour BLS for Health Care Provider Initial Provider Class (page 9).
Some of the Objectives Include
•Describe the steps of CPR (when to give breaths [including barrier devices], when to check for pulse, how to perform compressions at the proper depth and rate with complete chest recoil, and when to use an AED).
• Describe the signs and actions for severe airway obstruction in the responsive and unresponsive victim.
• Describe the links in the chain of survival, including the importance of activating the appropriate emergency response system, performing CPR, providing early defibrillation and ensuring that arrival of early advanced care by activating the appropriate emergency response system.
• Describe the signs of 4 common life-threatening emergencies in adults (cardiac arrest, choking, stroke, heart attack).
The course fee is $52 when you pre- register, $60 the day of class. The AHA requires students to have access to the provider manual prior, during and after class. If you do not have a manual, you may purchase the book from us for $15.
Please call the office to purchase the book.