This highly popular 30-hour IV Certification course meets the requirements of the Florida State Board of Nursing for certification of LPNs to administer IV therapy. It also serves as a welcome update for RNs who have been out of clinical practice for a while and want to improve and enhance their IV skills. Divided into 18 home study hours followed by 16 classroom hours (12 Contact Hours), the course consists of both theory and actual practice sessions.
Subjects covered include:
- fluid and electrolyte balance
- blood transfusion therapy
- IV medication administration (including dosage calculations)
- care and use of central lines
Our emphasis is on quality of care issues, employing scrupulous aseptic procedure to prevent infection and proper insertion technique to minimize patient discomfort. There will be numerous opportunities for hands-on practice, including “live sticks” when requested. Join the thousands of LPNs and RNs that we have enabled to confidently and safely insert and maintain IVs.
Some of the Objectives Include:
- Compare and contrast the RN and LPN scope of practice for IV therapy in the state of Florida.
- Discuss the care and maintenance of three different types of central venous lines.
- Demonstrate in simulated practice the starting and maintaining of peripheral IVs.
Who Should Attend:
LPNs & RNs
The course fee is $235* for 30 Contact Hours and includes all home study material.
You MUST complete the 18-hour homestudy prior to the the class. The Homestudy is returned the morning of Day 1 and graded. A passing score of 70% or higher is required to remain in the class.
*Please remember to include $5.00 for shipping & handling
Meets LPN Florida State Board of Nursing Central Lines Requirement.