Online CPR Certification Don’t have time to take a BLS renewal or Initial class? Register for the American Heart Association’s online course! Complete the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers class at your own pace, in the privacy of your own home. When you pass the online examination, bring your certificate to any American Heart Approved Skills Test (find one close to you). There you will demonstrate competence in BLS skills and receive your 2-year American Heart Association provider card.
Most Healthcare professionals are required to have a current CPR credential, and the American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare provider card is the gold standard. The BLS Healthcare Provider Course is designed to provide healthcare professionals the ability to recognize life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner. The course is designed for certified, noncertified, licensed and nonlicensed healthcare professionals.
Healthcare providers such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, emergency medical technicians, respiratory therapists, physical and occupational therapists, physician’s assistants, residents or fellows, or medical or nursing students in training, aides, medical or nursing assistants, police officers, and other allied health personnel.
Here are some of the major changes in 2005 guidelines:
- Increased compression to ventilation rate for adult victims from 15:2 to 30:2. The goal for the compression rate for any age victim is now 100 compressions per minute.
- location of hands for compressions in now the inter-mammary line.
- Discontinue use of blind finger sweeps.
- For Children and Infant’s, 5 cycles of CPR must be completed prior to calling 911
Steps to complete the CPR Course Online:
- Register and pay for the Online BLS Part 1 Course ($35)
- Receive via email an online key within 24 hours of registration.
- Complete the Online BLS Part 1 Course through the American Heart’s website
- Attend a skills test at a location close to you (find one close to you)
- Receive your certification card for the skills testing location.
The course fee for the online CPR class is $35.
Do you live in South Florida? Register for the Online Renewal Package which includes the Online class and skills evaluation for $50.
Don’t forget about our Online Nursing CEU Classes and mandatory requirements.